Friday, 27 August 2010




























































































































This is my second version of Mephiston Lord of Death, created as a commission. The client asked for a more dynamic version of my previous work, with Mephiston sweeping down upon his enemies. Luckily, the Astorath model on which this is based, is already a dynamic piece, so it wasn't that difficult to generate momentum.

The same client has commissioned a Vlad and Isabellla from the Vampire Counts range which I am currently planning with him. I'll be kept busy sculpting vampire's for a while yet.

Monday, 23 August 2010

What's on my workbench? PRAETORIANS!






























I am currently tasked with adding a little variety to the Praetorian range, as well as sculpting some unique characters from the film Zulu and the 'Flashman' series. I'm very pleased with how work has progressed so far. I've mainly chopped and swapped heads and legs around the basic infantry range, and I have been amazed at how striking the results have been for something so simple to do. I have pinned all the joints of the infantry, and I've started work on the characters. The centre piece of the commission will be the ostentatious rapscallion, Flashman himself. I have a good idea of what I want to do with him, so progress should be quick.

Thursday, 19 August 2010




I have been running a blog over at Warseer called 'The Coming of the Host - A Blood Angels Blog' that has received a lot of attention. I'm very proud of this blog and thought it high time I collected and published a page of my Blood Angels here.

Because of the reconstruction of the site, and the timely co-incidence of my GF buying a new digital camera, I will be taking photo's of the entire host and constructing a page just for them. Until then, enjoy the re-posted images of my collection thus far!















Tuesday, 10 August 2010



















































































I started this army around four years ago after a client asked me to create a custom battlesuit for his Tau Commander. The design brief was to create a more realistic battlesuit on a limited budget. The 'Acuity' Class battlesuit came as a result of this. I don't have any photo's of my original conversion, but it turned out so well, and was so cheap to build, I decided to create a Mech army for myself.

The 'Acuity' is an experimental battlesuit designed for scouting forces and expeditions. The elongated engine build allows for a longer operational time in the field. Plus the suit looks like it can hold a pilot now. More of this army can be found here in my Tau DRSTF (Disaster Relief Scout Task Force) Battlesuit army.