Tuesday 3 December 2013










“I incline to Cain's heresy," he used to say quaintly: "I let my brother go to the devil in his own way.” 

Robert Louis Stevenson. The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

+++++++++++++++++ 


Phew...what a piece. This felt more like a battle than a painting exercise. This was a difficult piece to attempt - not only are both miniatures exceptionally detailed but they can act as centerpieces all by themselves. I couldn't shake the idea that both Ferrus and Fulgrim were miniature suns exerting their individual gravity on the scene. The space marines littering the base are reduced to spectators (space particles if I were to belabour the metaphor) destroyed by the two titans dueling for the fate of Mankind's future.

I aimed to contrast the characters by their skin tone. Fulgrim has a blue undertone with a slightly lighter skin tone. Ferrus has more earthy, oily tones. The presentation of the armour is something of a contrast too with Ferrus weathered and dinted by battle. Fulgrim on the other hand is untouched by the tumult of battle around; he is a fey creature - not of the world of rust, grinding destruction and fire that Ferrus inhabits.

It will be my great pleasure to paint Angron next as a personal project (well, Angron won't be the very next Primarch I paint...the Great first Son of the Imperium will be the next).

Myles

0 comments :

Post a Comment