Wednesday 13 March 2013









"These fragments I have shored against my ruins"


One more sleep until it's complete! Just need to attach it to the base and viola!

A note on osl; I felt that this would be a huge risk to take at the start of the project but without risk you don't improve and I like working to the principle of never compromising or letting fear get in the way of an idea. I'm using the under lighting as a visual reference to Horus and it also helps that he looks bat **** crazy with the red under light. This is foreshadowing e madness that will consume the character. 

There's also another reason why I've used the red. I want loken and abaddon to be associated with warm and cold colours. Abaddon's features are skewed with rage, transformed by red. For loken I've used blue as an undertone to the skin, representing the cold doctrine of the imperial truth. 

Once again I have to say this kit is phenomenal. This may very well be the best sculpted miniature I've ever painted. The detail on the face and the little articulations of the models charging at one another is breath taking. 

Lilloser.

2 comments :

  1. Wow, that looks great! You're right Abbadon looks bat crap crazy with the underlighting o_0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible work. Loving all of the details. The way you've done both armours is excellent!

    ReplyDelete