Thursday 7 January 2016






Painting up a Knight titan maniple in service to the dreaded Deathguard gave me a huge opportunity  to stretch out my weathering legs and have a good run around. The main body of the armour has been given a rusted worn look by using a combination of hairspray chipping, sponge chipping and good old fashioned brush work. All this complimented with weathering powder gives the effect of an aged vehicle that has stood on a hundred worlds. 

The freehand images are in line with  Deathguard iconography. The deaths head, the reaper, the eagle's bone lying on rotted green field all harken back to the rot of Father Nurgle. 

I must admit, the Freeblade app has got me really pumped for knights. Shall we have a week of nothing but knights? That should start off 2016 on the right foot. 



Paints used: Vallejo, Reaper Master Series, Games Workshop Washes, Com Art Medea Airbrush Airbrush: Iwata Hi-Line HP-CH Airbrush Paint Brushes: Rosemary & Co. Raphael 8040, Broken Toad Brushes, Windsor and Newton Series 7

1 comment :

  1. Fantastic job with my favorite (paint wise) legion color. Having recently picked up the Freeblade app myself, I definitely get the appeal. Can't wait to get back to my own painting!
    : )

    ReplyDelete