Thursday 16 August 2018

































Life is tough in the Underhive. The first outing of the Jackals saw Zhargo (the big boss) hobbled, and another ganger dying in their next encounter. 

I've wanted to paint the gangs from the boxed set since I bought it last year. A campaign was just the tonic needed to spur me from daydreaming up colour schemes to putting paint to plastic. I wanted the armour to look distorted by heat, a furnace black that would show hints of purple, green and yellow. The plates themselves were painted using Greenstuff world's colour shift martian green, with nuln oil run over the top. 

The emphasis in all things when painting this gang was speed. I wanted them finished for a campaign, not a painting entry. Deciding early on what these were, I wouldn't fall into the trap of improving the work on each member. They needed to get done in around 8 hours, so I employed painting techniques that gave me the biggest return on my time. All in all, these took a total of 10 hours to complete.

I filmed the entire process and will be uploading how I painted Zhargo on the patreon soon:




0 comments :

Post a Comment