Friday 5 August 2011


It's that time of year again. Warseer have today put up their sign up sheet for their yearly tale of 40K painters. Instead of being a spectator, I decided to put myself forward to see if I had what it took to complete it. 

To give myself a realistic chance of completing at least 10% of my chosen points value (1,500 pts) per month, I have chosen to repaint my very first army: The Ultramarines. Following on from my TMM Ultramrine experiment I will be repainting my 90's marine army in a similar vein. I have devised a quicker technique that offers very pleasing results (see test miniature below). 





Inspired by the sign up thread, I've added some colour to my first assembled squad. My aim is to create an army inspired by the Utramarine army shown in their first codex. I have been feverishly stripping my old models, repairing the bizarre conversions I inflicted upon them, and trying to figure out which ones are lead, and which ones are white metal.

If you would like to participate please sign up here on Warseer's Tale of 40K painters thread. And good luck for all entering this year!

LilLoser

2 comments :

  1. *Drool!*

    I have a real soft spot for old miniatures. The retro look is just too cool for school, IMO. :P

    Can't wait to see where this project goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here. I'm way to influenced by nostalgia. This project is probably me re-enacting some hidden trauma from my childhood.

    You will be able to track the the progress of this project on Warseer, or for more pictures, check in on this very blogsite.

    Lilloser

    ReplyDelete