Saturday 8 February 2014








The second version of Lorgar, Primarch of the Word Bearers. 

I've entitled this piece 'The Tears of Monarchia". Lorgar has just been chastised by his father and still bears the ash tears of the perfect city. The ash in his left hand was created by piling weathering powder on the base and sealing it with hair spray. I wiped the same mixture into the Primarchs eyes to simulate tears. 

I looked back into the work of William Blake for inspiration. I based the grey of the Primarch's armour on the Angel of Inspiration (depicted on the cloak) which contrasts with the Urizen painted on my previous version. The skin had golden pigment worked into it to give a golden sheen. The writing was created with a dark brown.

Myles



1 comment :

  1. Wow dude - I prefer this version to the last - the greys and golds complement each other well. That freehand on the cloak is something else. Nailed it.

    ReplyDelete