Monday 14 July 2014




















"For all his aloof coolness, he alone has the Emperor's soul in his blood. Each of us carries part of our father within us, whether it is his hunger for battle, his psychic talent or his determination to succeed. Sanguinius holds it all. It should have been his...” -- The Warmaster Horus 

++++++++++++++++++++++

I went for NMM to control the lighting of the armour and attempt to replicate the source images I was working from. I used Reaper Master Series Palamino gold to basecoat the miniature with a HP Fine Line Iwata Airbrush. I then 'penciled' in the basic shadow points and highlights. Formula P3 Umbral Umber is a rich brown that is perfect for NMM golds and I used this for the first shading process. I highlighted the armour with Vallejo Ivory and then pure white. I used yellow ink wash to adjust the hue of the armour. I wanted to frame Sanguinius' body (which used lots of warm colours in the armour, face and hair) with cold white wings. Sanguinius is described as having snow white wings that are beautiful to behold, but plain white can be quite boring so I added blue and black ink into the deepest recesses. The Daemon head was painted green to contrast with the warm tones and Red spot colour used on the armour. 

This model is for sale via eBay - good luck if you decide to bid.

These photos may not be used in promotional material without permission. 
This is not a Games Workshop Product.