Tuesday 15 March 2016













"Fear me mortals, for I am the Anointed, the favoured Son of Chaos, the Scourge of the World. The armies of the gods rally behind me, and it is by my will and by my sword that your weakling nations shall fall." 
~ Archaon, Lord of the End Times

This thing is a beast! I know you've heard it before but I was surprised just how Archaon is (he's the size of a Primarch) but the beast itself towers over a Knight Titan. It was a challenge to break it down mentally into how I was going to paint it. The client sent over some inspirational art and I tried to keep in the spirit of what he sent me. 

This model has vast sweeps of open skin to play with which, while daunting, allowed the opportunity to play with some new vinyl airbrush stencils from Fallout Hobbies. I've taken some photographs of the step by step and I'll writing up a step by step tutorial on how to best apply these to your own work.  

Paints used: Vallejo, Reaper Master Series, Games Workshop Washes, Com Art Medea Airbrush Airbrush: Iwata Hi-Line HP-CH Airbrush Paint Brushes: Rosemary & Co. Raphael 8040, Broken Toad Brushes, Windsor and Newton Series 7

1 comment :