Sunday 12 June 2016








“I incline to Cain's heresy," he used to say quaintly: "I let my brother go to the devil in his own way.” 

Robert Louis Stevenson. The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde



I think this may be my favourite version of Fulgrim to date. I painted this piece inspired by "The Red Angel" artwork in the Visions of Heresy anthology. This gave me the perfect opportunity to really push the true metallic effects. This was painted alongside a student to demonstrate shaading and juicing techniques to create realistic lights and shadows on a true metallic surface.

Fulgrim's face was also painted as an exercise with a student to demonstrate some advanced face painting techniques.


If you'd like to learn how to paint this sign up for remote tuition - online classes that break down each section piece by piece. 


Paints used: Vallejo, Reaper Master Series, Games Workshop Washes, Com Art Medea Airbrush Airbrush: Iwata Hi-Line HP-CH Airbrush Paint Brushes: Rosemary & Co. Raphael 8040, Broken Toad Brushes, Windsor and Newton Series 7

0 comments :

Post a Comment