Tuesday 3 April 2012






The design brief of this commission was to update the current Mephiston, moving away from the hammer horror vampiric look while still retaining the essence of the excellent original sculpt. Although we couldn't escape the hood (we needed something to represent a psychic hood), we did decide to replace the cape with flowing script which are lines from the book of Mephiston.

The lava base was made with cork, the colour scheme of which is echoed in Mephiston's NMM sword. I decided to paint his face with a gaunt haunted expression to contrast with the warm colours of the base and armour. I think the lava base works really well with this character; an outer manifestation of the barely controlled rage of Mephiston (paralleled with his psychically attuned sword).

I hope my client is happy with the work and wins many games with this bad boy. 

2 comments :

  1. now that looks like the daemon prince that he is

    very nice work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic model indeed I am very pleased with the way he turned out. This model does a lot more justice to Mephiston than the standard one. I couldn't have hoped for it to have come out better. He is a great centre point for my army and I have indeed won many games with him now! I couldn't recommend Liloser for conversion and painting commissions more.

    Thanks so much for all your hard work.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete