Thursday 22 May 2014


























“But, you know, I feel more fellowship with the defeated than with saints. Heroism and sanctity don't really appeal to me, I imagine. What interests me is being a man."

Attributed to Mortarion [Unverified]


++++++++++++++++++++++

Like Typhus, Mortarion allowed me the chance to stretch my weathering legs. The armour was painted in a pale bone and shaded with green and red. Because these two and complementary colours this produced a grey shadow where the two overlapped strongly. I mixed a little weathering powder into parts of the armour for an extra oomph to the visuals. 

I wanted Mortarion to have a physical effect on his environment; vitrifying the rocks beneath his feet. The Scythe was painted to remind the viewer of wood using deep reds and purple in the darkest shadow. 

Myles


eBay






1 comment :

  1. Wow. Every so often I come across a blog like yours and it blows me away. Absolutely chock full of minis, tutorials, etc. Would you mind if I share some of your work on my blog http://painted40k.blogspot.co.uk/ if I accredit and post links back here (and anywhere else you'd like). I'm thinking of setting up a separate page for commission painters too and wondered if you'd like some free advertising from that - I'm getting a lot of hits, and will get more if I could get some awesome pics like this featured on my blog. Heres hoping, :)

    ReplyDelete