Saturday 12 September 2015




Paints used: Vallejo, Reaper Master Series, Games Workshop Washes, Com Art Medea Airbrush
Paint Brushes: Rosemary & Co. Raphael 8040, Broken Toad Brushes

Hello and welcome all to a special little personal project of mine. I find that I have to work on some of my own stuff in between commissions to freshen up the palette. I was fortunate to play Necromunda when the boxed set was first released (I even played a campaign weekend in a Games Workshop store - can you imagine doing that today?) Although the gangs each have their appeal I don't feel happy with my collection until I've put my personal stamp on things. the customisation of models along a theme or a story is something that really invigorates me as a hobbyist. 

The Dark Knight is one of my favourite films. The opening scene has to be one of the most effective character introductions in film history. Seeing the Joker as a bat shit crazy anarchist was terrifying for me in a way that lingers long after the film is over. What could be cooler than creating a Joker themed gang for Necromunda? 


The goon masks would allow me to pick and choose models from across the range that I like and fits the equipment list. This goon was my first trail run at making this work. The mask is sculpted on top of his face. I removed the sash thing that hangs between his legs and painted the legs as if they were worn jeans. These models offer a wonderful opportunity to play with different textures. Leather, jean, cloth as well as the broken polluted bases makes this an inspiring project to work on. 






0 comments :

Post a Comment