Monday 21 September 2015


The man himself; The Joker, Necromunda Gang leader. 

Don't ask him how he got his scars. Some say it's torture, but from the Inquisition, or the Xenos invaders, who knows? Did he do it to himself? Were they a mark of tribal allegiance to a Guard regiment? Don't ask him, the answer will be different every time and you'll end up with a smile too. 

I wanted to model and paint the model in the likeness of Heath Ledger's Joker. However with such a large area of cloak to play with I wanted some kind of freehand. If I were to ever collect Harlequins, I would paint the chequered pattern like this. 

It's not clear from the photographs but he is holding a card in his right hand with a joker painted on it.  The head is completely sculpted from scratch. 






Paints used: Vallejo, Reaper Master Series, Games Workshop Washes, Com Art Medea Airbrush

Paint Brushes: Rosemary & Co. Raphael 8040, Broken Toad Brushes



1 comment :

  1. Good work, better than I could do on the coat. I haven't painted in so long, I'm not sure I got much freehand skills left.

    ReplyDelete